Stunning Flower Combos for the Shade
There are some truly amazing flowers and foliage plants that thrive in full shade and add textural wonder to gardens, borders and containers. They tend to be very low maintenance and fill in large beds and containers fast.
Consider using some of these when planning your next shade combo:
Mix any color of Beacon® Impatiens with different foliage plants to achieve a designer tropical look in garden beds and borders.
• Japanese forest grass
• Rex begonias
Common colors in different size plants.
Echoing color in a variety of plants is an easy way to create an elegant display.
• Beacon Bright Red Impatiens
• Red begonias
• Red and green variegated coleus
A single plant type.
Make it fun by simply varying colors and leaf shapes of the same plant type.
• Beacon Bright Red, Coral, White and Violet Shades Impatiens
• Dark red begonias with dark leaves, bright red begonias with chartreuse leaves, dark green foliage begonias
• Coleus of different hues and leaf shapes
Mix it up.
Be bold and enjoy being creative! Combine several different plants for color, texture and height variety.
• Beacon White Impatiens, asparagus fern, foliage begonia, red flowering begonia
• Beacon Coral Impatiens, rex begonia, colocasia, deschampsia
• Beacon Rose Impatiens, foliage begonia, dichondra
• Beacon Violet Shades Impatiens, white or blush euphorbia (baby’s breath)