Top 5 Things You Should Know Before Planting Impatiens
Here are five interesting features about impatiens you should know before planting them in your Spring garden.
1. Find a shady space. Beacon® Impatiens love full shade You can plant them in partial shade, as long as you choose a location that receives a few hours of sunlight in the morning, and then shade for the rest of the day during Spring/Summer.
2. If you’re looking for an easy-to-grow plant, or just a beginner gardener, look no further than impatiens. Beacon Impatiens are easy to maintain and fill your shade garden with the colors you love.
3. Impatiens are a wonderful addition to any container. They complement and are the perfect “filler” when you mix them with other shade-loving flowers in pots or hanging baskets.
4. Be mindful of how close you plant impatiens together. The closer they are, the taller they grow. Beacon Impatiens can grow anywhere between 14-18 inches (35-45 cm) tall.
5. If you’re concerned about Impatiens downy mildew (IDM), Beacon Impatiens have got you covered. Testing and trialing have proven that Beacon Impatiens are highly resistant to IDM, offering long-lasting colors to your shaded gardens without the risk of disease.