Checklist: Taking Care of Your Impatiens
Here’s a handy guide to keep with you all season long. For the best and brightest blooms, you’ll want to take care of your Beacon® Impatiens by using this checklist. (Download this quick guide in pdf form here).
1. Make sure your impatiens are planted in an area of your yard or a patio container with plenty of shade (2-4 hours of sun is just enough).
2. Water your shade-friendly plants, as needed. Never overwater.
3. Impatiens like the slightly drier side than too wet.
4. When it is time, water at the base of the plant and not directly on the flower petals. You want those bright blooms to shine through and stand up.
5. No need to worry about Impatiens downy mildew (IDM). Beacon Impatiens have high resistance to the disease and are ready to thrive in the shade!
You’ll be on your way to long-lasting color in the shade in no time if you follow these gardener-friendly tips. And your impatiens will thank you for it.